Malmesbury - A Fairtrade TownWritten by Justin Jeffrey
Malmesbury - A Fairtrade Town
What is Fairtrade?
Fairtrade Guarantees a better deal for Third World Producers...
- It means a fair price is paid to producers in developing countries, plus an extra payment to be invested for community development projects.
- It means a long trading commitment without harming the environment.
- It means fair wages and working conditions.
- It means no forced labour for either adults or children.
- It provides rights for women.
- It provides workers with a right to join trade unions.
Local Products Fairly Traded in Malmesbury
We recognise that local farm produce and other foods, craft goods and artworks bought directly by local outlets and sold in Malmesbury are also fairly traded. We have a monthly Farmers' Market with a fantastic range of local produce and the town is full of shops selling locally produced goods from small suppliers. You will be surprised at just how many local products are available. Why not have a go at seeing how many you can try? Local shops and suppliers will be only too pleased to help you.
Leave a comment
Please ensure that any comments you make are factually correct, friendly and not attacking individuals. We reserve the right to remove comments without notice.