The Abbey, located at the heart of the village within its own woodland grounds, is a quirky country house of various architectural styles, built upon the foundations of a former nunnery. Visitors can experience the atmosphere of the medieval rooms and cloister court, giving a sense of the Abbey's monastic past.
The museum celebrates the achievements of former Lacock resident, William Henry Fox Talbot, famous for his contributions to the invention of photography.
- Discover the history of the Abbey and newly opened rooms
- Enjoy the grounds' spring bulbs, summer borders and greenhouse
- Wander the historic village streets, enjoying shopping and a meal
- See wonderful exhibitions in the upper gallery of the museum
- Experience Lacock life with a stay in our holiday cottage
- Visit the location of films like Harry Potter and Cranford
Please see the Lacock website for current admission fees.