My name is Maggie Dennis and as a candidate to be one of your Town Councillors I would embrace the opportunity to represent you and your concerns.
My husband, Mark, and I live on the High Street. I previously worked as a Nurse and I now work for a company involved in Medical Sales and Training. I cover the Southwest of England and Southern Wales which keeps me in tune with current issues associated with the NHS.
My priorities for Malmesbury are:
• Listening to the Voice of the Community. As I believe people are what makes a community thrive, we need to hear and take into consideration the voices of both young and old and balance needs.
• Robust Neighbourhood Plan. I will work to assist the development of a robust Neighbourhood Plan to control future development in and around our historic town.
• Balance our Conservation. I believe we should strike a balance between our needs for conservation and having housing fit for purpose and a vibrant High Street.
• Solution to Parking. I am fed up with the shortage of parking spaces and will work to find a solution.
• Embracing the Localism Bill. I am a proponent of the Localism Bill, particularly, the proposals for using referendums for some local issues and more decentralised control.
The election is on Thursday 8th of September 2011 and I do hope you will vote for me. Many thanks, Maggie.