Based in Malmesbury, our team of 16 dedicated farm animal vets is part of a practice established over 70 years ago. From here we provide a high level of care to dairy, beef and sheep clients throughout Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Bristol.
The George Farm Vets place a strong emphasis on preventative medicine, herd health and productivity whilst providing around the clock emergency cover for all the animals under our care.
- Mobility service: DairyCo Healthy Feet Programme - Foot trimming services - Mobility scoring
- Fertility sessions – selection of wireless scanners to suit all set-ups
- Bull breeding examinations
- Full mastitis and milk quality investigation, including cell count issues
- In house laboratory, including same day cell count results
- Monthly cell count reports (see sample)
- Embryo implantation service for repeat breeder cows: full embryo collection service now available.
- Free phone advice 24 hours a day from dedicated cattle vets
- Infectious disease monitoring and control, including herd accreditation
- Metabolic profiling – in house or laboratory based
- Ration formulation assessments, including Penn State Separator
- Vet run training courses, including foot trimming and DIY AI
- Regular client meetings
- Medicine collections from 8 sites
- Out of hours cover from 2 dedicated farm vets
- Routine herd monitoring, including teat and hock lesion scoring
- Full BCVA herd health plans available
- Flock health planning, including pre-tupping and pre-lambing visits